March 18, 2005

Second day wasnt good either

The best part of it was the morning time. When Annie got up she saw some chits pasted by me…he he…she smiled and woke me up…it was 6.30 in the morning…all my alarms were ringing…Annie said “ babe don’t u think u should go to office on second day instead of sleeping till nine…too much fun u had for 1 year” I got up...she was smiling…and again sat on her bed…I went and switched on the geyser…took a bath and by 7.00 I was ready for office…Aunty cooked the breakfast for me…had and I started towards my bus point. I reached there at 7.30. I called up driver and he told he was reaching in 10 mins...yes I called him up on his mobile from a one rupee coin box…reason...i have surrendered my company cell and new one is yet awaited…my personal sim card lapsed some 5 months back...now I have to go for a new one…

Well those 10 mins I called my mom from a STD booth…she answered the call…was surprised to hear my voice…only thing she was not able to digest was me being awake at 7.30. I started complaining like a little daughter...”whats this mom..u know I got up at 6.30..can u believe it…can u imagining me getting up at 6.30...” she started laughing…did not comment on that thankfully…

Finally the cab came…I am the second pick and last second drop...I am wasting 4 hours in this stupid commute …this cab showed me all the interior routes of the city…I never knew Bangalore was so big…Reached office..in the hope that today I will work hard...but all waste..when I reached I saw no comp on my desk...i got irritated…I went and complained my TL…whats this? Where is the comp? when is it supposed to come? Bad luck favored me and I completed my novel in the first half itself…now no work ...absolute nothing…was staring at ppl…peeped and saw what others were doing...but how long..one was watching cricket score on rediff every 5 mins…others were also hopeless kinds…my frustration was increasing every minute…I cud not check my mails on first day...but second day requested my colleague to allow me to use a system for 5 mins…Good God 5 mins were like 5 milliseconds…internet speed was good but mails were too many…I saw some 40 relevant mails from friends…checked them fast...did not reply to a single soul on this earth…then gave the system back…went for lunch…came back and everybody started working again…me the useless creature was wandering…then saw a new face in the team…asked my colleague who is that one…did not see him yesterday at introduction session…she told me that guy is in sales and is also going to delhi on transfer like u…he looked smart…but anyways not my cup of team…he gave a glance back and I knew what kind of look it was…

Then somebody told me that we have a internet café inside the campus which is free of cost and u can go and check ur mails there...good that was something good for me…I went to check but no chairs...was supposed to stand and use it… Finally replied to couple of friends…it was 6.15 p.m…day was finally over…

No comments: