April 04, 2005

"SORRY"

Yesterday somebody said sorry to me in the nite and i could not stop smiling. This is the word i hate most but love it when i look back into the past. Still cherish those memories

I was in the second grad and dad was posted in Surat. My naughty brother is three yrs younger to me. It was my summer vacations, the painful time for my mom. I used to fight with my brother on silly things all day and this fight irritated my mom to the core. Mom was fed up with 2 little monsters.

i was very particular about my things and eating manners those days. Hated when somebody used to put their hands in my plate while i was eating (though i have changed completely after hostel life). My brother knew this weakness of mine and used to call me a "copy cat". One fine day i was having my lunch and this idiot purposely put his dirty hands in my plate to take something. i hated it and left my food in the middle and went to keep my plate in the kitchen. I went to my room to sit in peace but this bugger followed me. I told him harshly to leave "my room" but no he wanted to sit on my head and eat my brain also. He started saying a poem which he made exclusively for me for irritating purpose. I could not control myself and threw a pencil at him. He also took my books and started throwing them at me. Suddenly he came and pulled my hairs. Gosh it was so painful..i caught his little arm and bit him deeply. He ran straight to mom crying...i know half of it was his drama..but was trapped and that too with a proof :( Mom came yelling at me and as usual started off " u are the elder one have some shame, he is a kid but u should be mature", who wanted to be an elder one..i never asked for it i thought but thankfully did not utter. Little monster came back to my room and was again on his mischieves. I could not control and ran after him this time creating a nuisance in the house. We were running in the house, banging the doors behind throwing the things on the floor and fighting like dogs when we saw mom striding in our direction with a chappal in her hand. Now instead of running behind each other we both were running to escape from moms beating. but badluck we reached a deadend. A big wall in front and no escape..there was a store room so we entered into that. The store room was full of trunks, suitcases and briefcases. We started climbing those as if were climbing Mt. Everest. Believe me climbing those thrunks were tougher than climbing the Everest


She entered the room and gave us instructions to come down. We both started looking at each others like 2 monkeys on a tree. When she saw that her instruction is not being carried out she threatened us by locking in the store room for 2 days without food.
We were left with no options but to come down. Slowly and carefully we both stepped down. She was waiting for this moment like a hungry lioness waiting for the its prey. She closed the door behind and picked her Hawaii chappal again. One here and one there. Very rythemic it was ;) But whats this she did not stop there..she carried on with the spanking as if she was washing clothes :( we both were screaming in pain and horror but no relaxation from the other end. I dont remember the count but definately she gave more than 7-8 to both of us. Even the neighbours wud have heard the music. Suddenly my gr8 brother fell in her feet and said sorry for more than 15-20 times in a single breath. Mom found him very courteous and told him to stand in a corner but i got the overdose ;) I was not able to recall this word "sorry". i heard it when brother said but cud not utter it as it slipped from my mind. After taking all her anger and frustration out mom left the store. I was sitting half broken kinds suddenly my eyes went into the corner where i saw the little monster standing and smiling. He gave a very cunning smile :X. Little moster was really a smart kid who saved himself from those extra dose.

Lessons i learnt with these kind of things in life:

Sorry: good way to escape..but say when u mean it
Thankyou: for everything a person does to you

:)

4 comments:

crabhunt said...

Kudos !! U wrote the things in such a nice way that the whole thing flashed in front of my eyes and cant stop laughing...... and one thing more...... is Hawaii chappals the favourite of most moms.... i dont even remember the number of times I had to get its cruel touch from my mom :D

Enchantica said...

Yes those blue and white Hawai chappal of bata..how can we forget them ;)

I wonder when these parents are going to stop this khandani gundagardi ;)

Me said...

nice post.....i am always on the other side of such fights though since i got 2 elder sisters!!!

Unknown said...

nice post..
i felt like experiencing it myself..
it reminded me of mischives me n mah elder bro. used to do...