March 01, 2005

I am serving the notice period in current company...

Thats something different and new in my life. I am planning to leave my current company and going to join a new organisation soon. Everything is good in my current company... job profile, work culture, compensation but i m moving coz i want to relocate myself to Delhi due to some personal reasons.

Few days back got an offer from a software company for the HR executive position. I liked the profile. The best part is they are offering me Delhi position. I discussed with most of my friends and they all are suggesting me to take the offer. I am not sure how good and fruitful this offer will be in future...lets see. They have given me the joining date of 10th March. But till now i am in some discussions as i have got some doubts. I will try to extend the joining date by another 7 days.

I discussed it with my immediate boss Bharat...He also told me to take the offer. He suggested me to discuss this with MD. I went and discussed with MD and he also suggested me to take up the offer. Then he told me to break the news in the team. I did accordingly. Everything went smoothly. I was a little scared with all this. I thought the reactions will not be positive if i will say that i want to leave by this month. But to my disbelief everyone agreed and i got a positive response. I guess i did one right thing...i broke the news some 2 months back ...abt my plans for relocation. So everybody was mentally prepared. Nobody got a shock thankfully.

I am serving my notice period from today. Its a very strange feeling. My first company...my colleagues ...my comp..my chair...everything related to me will be left behind...i wont be able to see them after few days...some kind of pain arises when i think of leaving all this behind...


just recalled these lines from life goes on:

Oooh, life goes on, and it?s only gonna make me strong
Its a fact, once you get on board say goodbye cuz you can?t go back
Oooh, it?s a fight, and I really wanna get it rightWhere I?m at,
is my life before me, got this feeling that I can?t go back

Life goes on, life goes on, life goes on...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nobody stays with even if u want .don't feel bad .Just cherish ur memories.