March 16, 2005

My first day at new Office

I got up at 7.00 a.m. I did not feel the freshness in me...took my shower...and then started for the company...its very very far from my house/PG. I reached to the near Busstop. I asked some fellow passengers abt the bus numbers etc...they all gave me some different responses...Anyway had no other options but to wait...finally saw a bus coming...got little relieved when saw it approaching..but that bugger stopped it too far...ppl started running towards it...i thought of doing…but the bus was too crowded and moreover too many ppl were running...so i thought will wait for some more mins and will board in next bus. Waited and waited but not even a single bus came after that...It was peak hours...got pissed as it was 9.15 a.m there. Then took a rick.

Reached the company at 10.15 a.m. I met a female and she gave me all the documents to fill...it took almost all 1 hour to finish that...after that she took me to RMG group. I sat there for some time and saw VP ...he was the one who took my interview (final round). They had to shift the office from ground floor to second…so i was not given system and things to work...i was just supposed to sit...i sat for quite some time and got bugged.... how can they expect me to kill time just like that...only good thing i did was i carried my Novel along with me...whole day sat and read novel in a corner, bugged my TL and every time I used to ask him for my system.

Well that was not enough for me I guess…I went and enquired from colleagues abt the cabs…the nearest place the cab drops me is some 700 mts away from my place…good in one way…atleast I will walk a little now…will be able to shed off some weight which I am gaining every day and every minute L…I guess there is something in wrong in air I breath and water I drink...he he

In the evening I came to my cab and told the driver the nearest point. Finally I sat in that. It was 6.30 p.m. By the time it dropped me to my stop it was 8.15 p.m. I was tired…I cud barely walk…700 mts looked like 7 kms to me…while coming I realized how far my office is...its not a joke to go there everyday…so many things were going in my mind…and finally this came …which is really funny…

“ Iif my schedule gonna be like this everyday then how will my husband react…when will I cook food? Will he adjust ? He will surely kick me out of house after a month…Who will tolerate this? But then whats my fault? The cab was late..so much of traffic is there in the city…office time is till 6.30 p.m .
Then I thought of my future…wat will happen to my kids…poor kids…pity on them..good that they don’t exist L

Oh gosh….cant believe it…girl like me thinking this way...i smiled at myself…laughed at myself…and told good gosh...i am becoming funny day by day…

I reached my hostel...entered the room…and washed my face first…the stupid pollution will take remaining things away ;)…then had my dinner and slept at 11.30 p.m after talking to my rommie & other friends. Told Annie (roommate) to wake me up at 6.30 as driver told me that he will be at the point at 7.30 a.m.

I tried to sleep but was really scared to get up at 6.30…I knew myself...not in any condition I can get up at 6.30…no matter how many alarms I put….so I got up again…made 10 chits...and pasted on all the walls doors and visible points. One chit I pasted on the switch board thinking that Annie will first switch on the light…then second I pasted on Bathrooms door…near the handle…coz that’s the second thing she will do...then third chit I pasted on geyser...knew she will switch on that...then 4 th one on the mirror inside the bathroom…god all the places I cud imagine…finally on my almirah...annie’s almirah…walls…I guess only place I left was commode ;)

Then finally came and slept…

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Interesting, esp. pasting the chits !! Well I suppose if u are to go daily so far, you cannot and shud not rely on the buses, hopefully you catch the cab everyday :-). Btw, u were thinking very good things while returning back frm office but cant understand why whipped those thoughts off saying "how can a girl like u think such things !!" what does that mean.... ? Btw, I suppose the husbands of these days are not so stupid that they would kick their wife out coz she can't reach home back in time due to her work-committments ;-).
-Cheers

Anonymous said...

hey ships...quite interesting to read..bt i can imagine in what mess u would ve been..n getting up early would ve been a night mare to u...heheeee i know ;)
btw..wat's this husband stuff man??woww..gud to hear it from u...well u thinking all these..oops still can't believe it..
i believe once the routine is set..u'll get used to it :)
keep in touch...

~smikky :)

Enchantica said...

Well you are right!!! "the husbands are not so stupid these days" stupid is still a better term for them...they should be tagged with a far worst term :)

only issue i am facing with this company is the location...its quite far from my place...i cant help it..

Whipped off those thought coz they were not meant for a gal like me...i dont know how to explain this to u..and its not a right medium to explain also...