March 29, 2005

Dual Personality: people's perspective

If you are thinking that i am pointing at split personality then you are absolutely wrong. No i am talking abt the duality which is totally opposite of spilt case. In split case the two personalities inside a body are not aware of each other’s existence and in dual personality both the personalities are aware of each other’s existence. Strange rite?

Now the point is how come i am on this topic? well few ppl told me that even i have a dual personality!!! i denied them saying that u are wrong..but i do accept the fact that i have a dual personality...but i will not say its dual..there are some 5-6 personalities within me ;) well i believe that everyone has different personalities which come into picture when they are into different situations and dealing with different ppl. If i am dealing with a friend obviously i will behave in a friendly manner and on the contrary if i take my professional life then obviously i will be quite formal & reserved not interfering in others matter. so we define our roles and personalities on the situations and circumstances? dont we? Well i guess most of the people change it unaware of the fact that they do so. I admit it so i am a person with dual personalities.

But this thinking of me was quite wrong. Don’t wonder why? Two of my friends revealed me the secret of dual personalities clearly. As per them what we project as our outer self is completely different from our inner self and that’s dual personalities trait. One of them dared to tell me that I appear jolly, bold and humorous and always fun loving but inside is a girl who is deeply hurt, pessimist and frightened. That was something new. He observed me for quite sometime and told me that I have created a wall for myself that doesn’t let any emotion touch it...I am a serious character and quite practical. I bury all my feelings and I am close-minded if it comes to love. Right Sir?

Another friend of mine told me something similar to that...He told i look notorious, pranky and bindass kinds. But sometimes he sees a very different female who is very decent and who is a typical girl. Well i never talk or behave like a girl and when he told me it came to me as a shock. The first thing i asked him was " when did i behave like a girl". he had no answers...

There are couple of ppl who have pointed things similar to this...i dont know how to explain them. The worst happens when they get to know that i am a Gemini by Sunsign. That itself is enough for them to prove this..anyways watever..i just want to tell all of u who fell that i have a dual personality, pls guys i am not the only one who is like this. Each individual on this earth has a dual personality. Everyone deals differently with differnt ppl and not everyone shares all the things with any tom, dick and harry. Am I rite?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to me a lot confused. For anyone to know his/her own personality is not an easy task. People devote time to know themselves and it comes with practice. Now coming to your dual-personality subject, its natural for every human-being to project a different image of his/her own than what he/she actually is and this he/she does most of the times consciously as well as un-consciously again and again. You know why ? Most of us understand what is good and what is bad.. we know many of our weaknesses but at some corner of our mind we have an image of ourself that we want to emulate and want to be like that, and we try to behave like that, infront of others in the society and even at times with ourselves and it is very natural for every human being because in reality no-body is perfect and everyone wants to be perfect. What is in our hand is to practice hard to and emulate hard that perfect image and sooner or later we come closer to that. We think people like Gandhi were so perfect, the same person inside as they were visible from outside , but we dont see that the person had put so much of effort to emulate the good-image they had in their mind about themselves. Coming to your last point, you are right that one cannot speak everything to any T D n H, but that doesn't again mean case of dual-perosnality, its all about whom you want and whom u dont want to be in your inner circle and its very natural because every human being needs a space to evolve, we build many concentric circles around ourselves and we decide whom to allow to enter in which circle depending on who is more closer to our lives and who can impact our lives. People say a husband-wife relationship is something like 2 bodies but one soul :-) but u know only such people have a disastrous married life who expect such things. The truth is the husband/wife may be in the closest possible circle of a human being but not in the innermost one, that one is for ourselves,coz everyone of us need some space . So, take my advice dont complicate ur life with so many web of words like multiple personalities, life is very simple and the key to happiness is realizing that simplicity. Best of luck...

-cheers

crabhunt said...

In my prev comment the 1st sentence seems a bit wierd/hard to me in retrospect, my sincere apologies for that. Since, there was no way to modify it once posted so its still there, if I make such mistakes plz take it as a comment in jest/light humor :-)...

Enchantica said...

oh god..why are u so formal...i like to see your comments and opinions...u can write any decent stuff ;) i dont mind.(i dont have mind)

and regarding the life and its complications well dear i am not at all confused...i know ppl deal differently but i dont like to hear when they come and tell me that i have a dual personality. Why dont they understand this. Just because i am not close to ppl or a little formal in my friendship they term me like this :( its just that i dont express myself in most of the cases & 4 dat i get these kind of words.

I take life very easily NOW...and i do understand the space thing dear..and i too believe that in any relation we need to have some space otherwise it wont work but how do i explain to these ppl tell me? The multiple personality thing was just a joke dumbo...why to call it dual why not multiple was the thing behind :) u also missed the catch.