March 20, 2005

First Saturday...scary morning and beautiful evening

Thankfully got this Saturday off.
Went to Hosmat hospital for Medical check up (part of joining formalities)…they had given me a letter, which I was supposed to give it to a concerned person in the Hospital. First I had an X-ray…then blood tests…my god…i am so scared of needle…when I see a needle my heart starts sinking…I closed my eyes and the person inserted the needle in my hand…little pain…then similar kind of tests…finally ECG was done by a female…I did not knew what ECG meant…she put some patch with titch buttons on it on me…and then linked it with some wires...then she switched on a Monitor…some lines were coming…I did not understand a bit of it (though I have seen this in couple of movies)…cud not hide my curiosity and asked that nurse...what are u doing? What is this? She told me that ECG is done for checking the functioning of heart...and problems related to it…hmmm I took a deep breath. Heart …my heart is with me and I have not given it to anyone...its pretty safe inside my body…why do u want to check it…no no I did not say all this to her…I was just speaking to myself…

Then she started removing those wires from my body…some kinda tension grew inside me…she was silent...very silent…I got scared…I asked her “ Is everything all rite?” she said yes…but there was no expression on her face...no smile at all…I was not satisfied with her answer...coz her expressions and the answer was not matching…I repeated my question “ Are u sure…is everything fine?” This time she smiled and said “ yes”. I did not ask her again…but I got nervous…I really wanted to know my reports…I thought she is hiding coz I havent brought any one along with me…I had a big question mark in my eyes…was just thinking if something goes wrong then they will terminate my service…so I should know the problem before getting a big shock…anyways I if something is wrong I will come to know abt it soon.

Thankfully they did not perform the brain test…otherwise company wud have regretted their decision of hiring me ;)

Evening I went to Nandi Hills..stayed there…saw sunset and wanted to see sunrise from a hill…heard that its wonderful on a hill top…I was awake at 4.30 a.m in the morning to see the sunrise…but sun acted smart…till 5.15 it was dark...i was feeling so sleepy…but did not wanted to miss the opportunity so controlled myself…at around 5.30 saw the dawn…it was very cold on hill…the cold breeze was capable enough to take my life ;)…I saw different colors in the sky…I saw the clouds on the mountains, saw them moving u know what was my words after looking those clouds and mountains “Seems like heaven” . Saw the darkness going and the sunlight coming from one angle…it was a combination of colors in the sky…red, pink, purple…i cant name some shades…finally suraj devta appeared at around 6.00…no body was looking at that side…and I saw it first...I shouted “it has come” it was a small yellow ball…originating behind some mountains…(reminded me of the paintings of small children) we clicked some snaps…hope they will come nicely…finally at 7.00 we started for Bangalore. Reached here by 9.00. Then as usual I slept off…and got up at my standard time 2.00 p.m. that was my weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well dont worry for the reports coz these people generally become passive to these things by doing several ECGs everyday so they wont have any expressions on their face. Between, good to know that u enjoyed Nandi Hills, but one of the best part is the journey to the hills, did u go on a bike ? When I had purchased my bike, the trip to Nandi Hills was the 1st one we made and driving the bike at 3rd gear at the optimum-high speed in those U shaped curves was an awesome experience and my friend sitting on the back seat went on screaming on me for the whole journey :-).