March 15, 2005

My farewell party

Last day of my company. I came late. I came office at 11.00. I went to dentist for regular checkup and then came to office. Was wearing a new dress...when i entered...saw no power...so started taking down numbers on a piece of paper from my mobile. Was supposed to surrender the mobile in the evening. Everybody in the office knew that it was my last day. I was little upset..little tensed..but not happy from any angle.

Had lunch with my colleagues and then started working..well to be very frank i cant say i worked that day...just did a little transition work...sent mails to all personal contacts again reminding them that i am surrendering my cell so kindly delete the number.
went upstairs to meet MD...finally gave him the resignation letter...he read and smiled..well it was sad for me..i did not know how to react...i remained silent...he told me all good things...he told me that he believes in me and also found me very focused towards my career...he advised me not to leave or get deviated from it...gave good wishes...we discussed many things...i also wanted to discuss many things with him...he is of my fathers age..or may be older than that..but the amout of knowledge he has got in our field is tremendous..and best of all is his way of dealing things and dealing with ppl. I have always respected him for that. I also discussed with him some of my weaknesses...i knew i was talking to the right person...I asked him as how to deal when i face prroblem related to ethics...i get angry..annoyed..and stubborn...i dont care even if its my boss...which is not good...sometimes turns out bad for the team..as the envoirnments gets spoiled...he listened to me patiently and then answered..stick to your ethics...as far as possible...in some situations u will be compromising as the whole system is corrupt..but as far as u can take...good for u..its a good thing to see in a girl who is the youngest in my company. I felt good...

We discussed n number of topics...all were good and also i was little relieved...i guess i sat with him for more than 45 mins...

Evening around 5 they called me upstairs again...they called everyone..it was a farewell party for me...snacks and sweets...i ordered for icecreams and cold drinks for everyone...then MD gave me gifts on behalf of everyone...Then we went to roof and clicked some pics from my camera...i wanted their snaps...so as to remember the good time spent with them all. My colleague Bharat & Smitha also gave me personal gifts. It was a mixed kinda feeling...
I opened the gift when came down..most of them wanted to see my reactions...they gave me a nice Watch, a dress material and a 24 caret gold platted Balaji's idol. All were good...i liked them a lot...i was in office till 8.00 p.m..cleaning my drawers...arranging all the documents..which will be required after i leave...last call i made was to my mom..tried dad's number first but there was no answer...then after calling mom i tried brother's number..he was not reachable....gave mobile and all the things back to bharat...he was the last person in office to whom i said bye...

Came to home...was damn tired...but then suddenly it flashed to me that i am supposed to take photocopies of all my documents tomorrow along with me to new company...rushed to the shop and finally came back and had dinner...had already surrendered the cell...so in the nite was lying on the bed..thinking abt the new day which was just few hours away...dont know why i was so apprehensive abt joining the new company....closed my eyes and dont know when i slept off...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In an earlier blog of urs I read u were moving to Delhi for ur next job, isn't that correct ? between, it was really very interesting to read ur last day in ur prev company, i too was reminded of my last day in my company in November,04. Ur discussion with ur MD was really inspiring. I wonder that we all have got one life to live and even in that we make so many compromises, put at stake the ethics that we all want to practice. But anyway, best of luck for your new venture and do keep writing ur blog, they are very interesting.

Anonymous said...

i m extremely sorry for not being wit u on the last day..i felt really bad..bt was really not in a condt to come....
the next day when i came to off..i was teribbly upset when i saw u not around.. :(
well i believe thats how life is...
I really wish u all the best for ur future and God Bless u..
Miss U :(

~smikky