June 19, 2005

Finally transferred to New Delhi

Last monday I got a mail from my travel planner asking me when wud I be comfortable for a journey. I casually told her any day but she took the literal meaning and finally booked the tickets of Wednesday thru Tatkaal…Tuesday she told me that I have to leave on Wednesday. That came to me as a shock…half of my things demanded a big and neat packing...and I was like lost…I had no time to meet me friends and tell good bye to them ...Wednesday morning I was feeling low…

Wednesday I was supposed to be in office for winding up the official things…it took me four hours and finally I left for my cousins house...I met my cousin and her mom...that was a surprise to find all of them there…I was there for 1 hour and finally left the place and headed towards my PG. I reached PG at 5.45 p.m and my train was at 6.30 p.m. I went to my old office and said good by to all my ex colleagues there and then ran back to PG at 6.00 p.m. With few mins left in hands I packed things in hustle bustle …and told Amit to pick me and drop me to Cantt station which is just 1 km from my PG. He came along with his parents and I reached station at 6.30 p.m. I saw the train coming from far and Coolie told me its Karnataka Express…shit man!!! I did not have time to go thru the bridge as it was coming on the other platform...i just jumped and started crossing the dirty dingy railway track and somehow managed to reach on the platform 2 before the train…it was a 5 min stop. Coolie kept the bags and train started moving…I said bye to all of them and was on my way to Delhi…

Trip…oh yes my train journey…well met three nice ppl and had fun in this journey…there was a female called Rohini who has completed her M.Sc from IIT Del and was in Bangalore for her Phd interview…then a guy called Rajib who got selected for mba in Bangalore…then third person called Milind bhaiya…eldest of all but wasn’t that old…

We discussed so many topics…it was fun…started with bangalore, weather, movies and yes made fun of each other…The best part was -Rohini was talking to someone over the phone and she said something abt Newton’s fourth law of motion...I was scratching my head as wat it is all abt…other guys were also confused...later got to know that it was a code word...smart ppl all around…we had our dinner together...then breakfast, lunch and everything (snacks and stuffs like that)…we chatted chatted and chatted …

Oh one incident which actually scared ppl around me...Milind bhaiya told that he gets up early so he will wake us all at 6.00 a.m...i made a very serious face and told him "you know i have a serious problem". Everybody was silent now. They all started looking at me...then i told them "whoever wakes me up, gets a really hardtime...as morning i get fits...i go mad..and start hitting ppl in subconcious state...once i hit so hard that the person who came to wake me up broke his front tooth ...so dont wake me...my humble request...i will get up myself" ;) Rohini started laughing...she knew what i was upto...she was just my types...morning i got up at 7.30 a.m :( office timings no....but they all were smiling..he he..poor ppl...i am so bad!!!

Last day in train was just amazing…3 ppl knew shayaris...they started off with their talent and to our surprise whole boggie was croweded to see the competition…nice fun

Reached New Delhi and brother and cousin was there to pick me...we hired a Taxi and then finally reached home. It was a surprise for mom. I did not tell her the real dates of my journey…had informed dad and brother abt it...wanted to see moms face…

I reached home and just hugged my mom…she was in shock for a moment…The best of all was… I was in regular touch with Mom thru my cell while traveling and she did not get a faintest idea of my journey...She tried to ask me about my journey details and I was avoiding that…on Thursday...she was smart enough to ask indirectly abt my journey details…I gave her a wrong date…poor mom was happy when I told I will be reaching on Sunday…She went and told me brother " See how smart I am…I indirectly asked her things and managed to get the information” my little monster who was aware of everything laughed at her and told “ U think u are the only smart person left on this world? She is your daughter and way ahead of u”

But mom could not make out anything…she understood those lines when I reached home :)

No comments: