June 20, 2005

23 Yrs wasted…

Well last evening I realized I have wasted 23 yrs of my life and have done nothing which has given me a complete satisfaction (towards the decent side…poverted minds) …Last nite got an ISD call at 11.30 and I was just surprised…then got few calls and was wondering what have I done?

Let me explain you how the scene was and what I was doing…

At 11.00 p.m I saw my cell and there were some missed calls…I checked the numbers and found that 2 were ISD calls…Now it was time for me to wait and see how other ppl react…My mom she was tired with her days activities so went to bed and I was talking to her…door bell rang and I went to open it...it was my cousin with her husband who stays in next lane…she came down and I was chatting with them…suddenly got a call…went out to speak as network is never proper in my room…my cousin and brother were yelling at me as they wanted me to make chappatis for the chicken they had bought...i kept the phone and headed for the kitchen...Mom slept and cousin and her husband had left at 11.45…I entered and started preparing chapattis…thinking abt each passing minute which was not giving me any new feeling…Reems called up...I was busy preparing chappatis so I told her I will call back… and I did..

Then few calls from relatives and some friends…after I finished I was wondering why this time I had no excitement...no hopes…then I realized I am no longer a baby who gets excited on her birthday...i am a grown up female…and today its just any ordinary day for me…

the only thing special about today is that I have joined the new branch today and thankfully got a seat and comp to work on. The work allocation has not yet come but I am sure by the end of the day I will know how much I have to work and how to handle things from tomorrow onwards…Oops forgot to tell..today after a long time i went to gurudwara in the morning which is next door now...feel calm ;)

People out here are good. I met the COO of the company in the morning and sent my report in army style to my boss in Bangalore …the subject line was “ Reporting from delhi, Sir’

he he …quite fundo and I am sure they must have laughed…

Few mins back i got a call from my boss..and the converstaion was like this..

S: hello sir
Boss: Hi, happy birthday
S: thankyou, but how did u get to know?
Boss: i knew it was your b'day...
S: oh really! thats why u are wishing me in afternoon...and when i called up in the morning
there was no sign of my b'day ;)
Boss: ha ha..
S: now tell me how did u get to know
Boss: Well just now i was going through MIS reports of employees and saw your b'day..JIT
S: thankgod!! anyways thanks a lot
Boss: welcome


And one nice mail from my classmate just 5 mins back...i dont know how to react X-) wrong message on a right day...or ....right message on a wrong day...wondering!!!!

" hello S (my_name),
Belated happy birthday to you...may god bless u.. happy birthday to dear S .. happy birthday to you,,, how old are u???(just kidding)...ha..ha..
so sorry that i couldn't wish u on the other day ...because i donot have ur nos... so please do let me know ur nos.. and how are u in delhi... hot or the same...
aur suna kaise manaya birthday...
hope to hear from u soon..
bye
belated happy birthday again "


Why this happens to me...i feel like...
I am just typing thankyou mails from the morning...lot more stored for me like this...and i am damn sure about it...

My resolution: hmmmmmmm ...hmmmmmmmm ...hmmmmm i better start thinking ;) well fine yaar...let me think and write about it..hmmmmm i guess i will do some good things this year...dont ask what all...

5 comments:

Twilight Dolphin said...

dont bother urself with resolutions...;)
ur fine this way only..
and babes...who else is there who can pre pone ur birthday..;)
guess its not only me who does this all the time...he he
anyhow..nice post..and well u didnt write much about those ISD calls...ahem..ahem..

Darth Midnightmare said...

Hmm....Happy Birthday :-)

And Hell, who cares about resolutions? I only make them for New Years and the thing I truly belive in is "Resolutions are made to be broken" :-)

Cheers!

Enchantica said...

Hey Johnny boy thanks !!! Yes i believe the same way but...

Reems u are not alone...seems like ppl are following your footsteps and have started wishing me belated on my *real* birthday..its so annoying...

but i am very happy...for the first time in 6-7 yrs..u have wished me on the right day ;) i am highly obliged :))

abt those ISD calls..seems like u are more interested ;)

Abhi said...

I was goin thru ur previous blog entries on the 14th of June.I was born on 20th June, ur first ever post said.I remembered that n see , here I am,wishing you a very joyful "unbelated" birthday with a lot of local/ISD/STD missed calls.

About not doing anything truly satisfying , its ok.Life is a fun ride , not a puzzle to be cracked.If u dont get wat u love , just love wat u get.

And if you have made one soul smile in these 23 years , your years aint wasted.

Enchantica said...

munnu...today is 21st...sudhar jaa re munnu...kisi din tu mujhe *bhi* heart attack dilwayega...;)

i was wondering as what happened to this guy now...