April 24, 2005

I am still alive...thankgod!!!

I am thankful to god...why? read this...

Friday was official holiday for us but few of us were working as work load was just too much. Saturday (most awaited day) i planned for a club with couple of friends. Morning got up at 8.30a.m just to do the follow up work with my candidates who were scheduled for an interview in Hyd. Then slept again after giving them instructions. After an hour called all my friends and fixed time and place to meet. We decided to go to country club at Mysore road. Well a sensible decision i guess. We started at 1.00 after having our breakfast.

Reached there at quarter to two. Now comes the best part of my weekend. i wanted to try swimming. I am scared of water. I guess scared would be a decent word in my case. Drowning is a very common act from my side most of the times :( But this time i was determined. I will learn swimming and will take out this fear out of me. So changed to a swim wear and with all my efforts entered into the pool. For this training i did not take any professional coach as my good friends assured me that they will teach me how to do it. Good i thought. Unnati did not enter the water as she was not feeling well. So with great courage i made up my mind and asked Amit to help me. Poor guy. He told me the first lesson... I listened to him patiently. so did accordingly.Now he told me to swim a little. How can i am just a beginner?

I gave an excuse saying " I remember Sapna (my senior) doing only this on her first day of swimming class that too when a professional coach was the one instructing her then how can u expect me to do all the things in one day." He shouted at me saying " u want to learn or not..all these days u were eating my head saying that u want to learn and now when the day has come u are giving excuse...if u dont want to learn then sit in a corner and watch others like a 3 yrs old kid." It was bad...on all the weekdays i shout on him and today he got a chance to shout on me :( so did accordingly...well not to mention that my first attempt was just pathetic...i was under the water searching for a support. Well it was just 5 feet and i cud not balanced myself. Shameful i thought. It was bad..i need to learn and i need to take it as a challenge.

Just couple of attempts and i was able to swim in the shallow but short distance only. Took rest for sometime and tried doing it all over again. Others were enjoying and i was practising wat i learnt few mins back from them. Unnati kept on smiling...i just told her..dont worry babe next week u will be in and then i will see u :) After sometime i was doing little better. I was doing it all alone and then all of a sudden one leg could not find the floor below...whats happening i thought...i was loosing my balance..oh shit i was just standing on the edge...i just looked at unnati and told her " pls tell them i am in deep". Unnati did not understand the terminology and she passed the message happily saying that " u know!!! she is swimming in deep". The voice from other side came " Oh good...she is progressing". (p.s- deep was just 12 feet)

Oh god i was just on the edge and the only leg suppoting me was also loosing its grip. I looked at Amit and shouted " Amit i am in deep". Idiot smiled from the end and said " good". Oh gosh...how do i convey the message i thought...Actually i was using the wrong words..i realised it when i started gulping the water. Then i looked up..and shouted for Help. Then those buggers realised what i meant by "Deep". By the time they reached i was in deep water and fighting for my life. One hand grabbed my right hand and pulled me towards the shallow. I sank to the bottom, rose to the surface seconds later, spluttering and choking. I was safe. Nothing much happened but that fear increased as the encounter of death/something like death was just too bad. Took rest for few mins and decided that i will swim in deep water. Amit just told me to cross little portion diagonally without any help and he wud wait at the other end. The thought of it scared me but i wanted to take this out forever. I swam the distance. Repeated it couple of times. Everytime he set a target increasing the distance and i was supposed to reach it. He did it so perfectly. One end used to be in shallow and other in deep. Four hours in pool and i learnt 50%. Just need to increase my stemina. Thats what they told me :).

After this swimming session we went to play snooker. It was fun. i just loved it. Then TT. This i played with unnati as Amit and Swaroop are too fast in TT. Then lastly came to Badminton court, wooden floor but a properly managed one. Played one game with swaroop. Not to mention i lost it ;). After 10 years i played badminton. I missed my schooldays. Then i realised how good i feel when i play. After 10th grade, life was just school and studies...then that horrible hostel with no games..and then this mba which made us sit in college till 9.00 p.m. And remaning time of day with those stupid assignments.

But now i will be regular with my hobbies. Next weekend also i am planning to go and will continue this as far as possible. Well sunday we did not go again to the club as we were just too tired for anything. I had a bad backache coz of badminton. Today feeling little better :)

No comments: