January 01, 2007

Happy New Year: 2007

Date: 1st Jan 2007
Time: 1.15 a.m
Place: home sweet home

Had a hectic week with relatives and cousins around. They left yesterday and I had no energy to celebrate it further. Morning went out with mom dad and was back home at 6 in the evening. Made chocolate cake and snacks. Yup I know I m a weirdo. Get crazy ideas on the wrong days.

Reason why I entered my kitchen: Day before yesterday a colleague of mine casually forwarded a mail and I replied back. After exchanging few mails he said…looking at you I can make out that you can not cook so don’t dare that ever and get me something made by your mom. Quite an insult. Felt like going upstairs and hitting him but then that was pun and I was supposed to take it easy. Later when I was thinking as what made him say so…I realized I actually haven’t entered my kitchen in last 6 months and incase if I stepped in that was coz I wanted to get my glass of juice/milk which mom prepares for me every morning. Gosh what an irresponsible daughter. So thought of making tea, snacks and cake. That’s a different story that cake is lying on my table and mom dad expecting me to finish it!!!!

Then sat with dad and narrated what all happened in office in last 2-3 months. I think this time dad stayed over night after a long time. He will be going back tomorrow morning. Both mom & dad slept at 10. I got so many sms and at 12.30 got couple of calls which were quite unexpected. I am lucky to have friends who out of blue call and make my day. Everybody was shocked when they found that I spent my evening at home. I think I didn’t even thought of going out this time. Thankfully tomorrow its off. I will get up late. Have to wish some of my friends both New Year and Eid.


Wishing you all a very happy and prosperous new year

P.S: I am quite impressed with the new blogger. Just took the tour to its new feature and there is an option where you can make your blog private. Just to be viewed by your family and friends. Great so here my other blogs go private and this remains open for others.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning @ kitchen, essence of the fluffy cake, tea and snacks with parents. Do we see any better way of wrapping up the year 2006?

Wish you many more moments to cherish, in the new year

Karthik L G said...

hi , happy new year. have I landed in Miss Shipra's blog. If so pls do reply, if not ignore

Abhi said...

Mata jee , aapko bhee happy new year. Mera cellphone ganga maiyya mein doob gaya and saare numbers kho gaye.plz mail kar de at abhinavj8008@gmail.com !

Ginni said...

a very yeppi new year to u too [;)]
aaha u were the first blogger to comment on my blog last year..