January 08, 2007

First ever appraisal

I have been working since 3 yrs and I attended the very first appraisal of my life last weekend. Last 2 companies I quit right before appraisal due to personal reasons. I wasn’t nervous as I had almost met my targets but I was wondering what was I supposed to say in my strength and weakness. As expected my manager did ask but unexpectedly he himself answered the question. 6 months back when I had the first review I was told my areas of improvement..and there was gud amount of scope. This time when I sat across the table, manager himself said that I have grown as an individual in last 6 months and he feels that I need to learn more about people. He felt that I was too honest and innocent and people around might not be as simple and natural as me. So he cautioned me on that front.

Cutest part was when he said “ U are different with other people and very formal with me even now. I understand that ur previous company’s environment must have been different but I guess it will take sometime for you to even take me as a normal person and not just as boss” That was quite sweet of him.

He did ask me if I wanted to ask/share or complain about anything and I had nothing to tell. I never knew I was so happy with my work, environment, and managers that I had no concerns at all. He rated me nicely. With others he spent 40 mins on an average but with me it was a matter of 15 mins. Guess he knew me better this time. He has told me to learn new things and appreciated all my efforts made last few months.

I still remember that when I joined my first organization, I always wanted to come to this current co. but I guess god wanted me to experience something else. Even after I joined this organization my experiences were not great. It took me 6 months to understand and sort things and make my environment according to my needs. But today everything seems to be set. My dream co. has become my fav. company now.

i m happy and feel contended

No comments: