January 11, 2007

Me the virtual mother

There was a guy who used to call me on my extension to chat and his calls became a pain to handle. I avoided them to the extent possible by telling abt my meetings or another call..or some work. Just bore him coz he was my colleague’s good friend. One day when I was in hurry for leaving home at 6.00 p.m i got his call and in desperation of keeping it down I told him that I have to go urgently and when he asked reason, I thought of getting rid from this problem for ever and told that "my kids are waiting back home and i need to spend time with them". Generally I don’t lie and don’t like liars either but the water had crossed my levels and i wanted to breathe. This guy could not believe and in turned asked me “what does your husband do” ...To this I had no answer so told him that I m not very comfortable discussing such things rite now, shall discuss this later. There I went little rude.

My rudeness was interpreted in a different manner. He assumed that i was married but separated and was handling kids. Before leaving, I told my colleague to support my lies as I don’t like guys calling me for no reasons. She understood and actually supported it. This guys call reduced and life became peaceful. Few days later he tried my ext for some work and i wasn’t in office so he called her up and asked abt my well being. She wanted to have fun so told him that my younger daughter turned 3 yrs old and hence i was on half a day off.

When I came back she told me what she had told. I was little shocked and then had to digest. So facts as of now are:
My younger daughter is 3 yrs old. Her name is Sanya
Elder one is 5 yrs old and she is Simran

Not bad. She chose nice names and I don’t have to worry about it anymore. She is way too ahead and can handle it now :)

Sometimes out of desperation and frustration we say stupid things but these things help in short term. Incase if he comes to know then i will tell him that i was joking and if he doesnt then i will let him live with the nice misconception.

I dont look like an aunty though...:(

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what the hell shipu...!!!
okay...i agree i dint tell u about my under cover marriage..but u are two steps ahead of me..mother of two..gosh..im a massi already..;-)
anyhow..keep rocking and fooling around, but "Play safe"
u know who...;-)

Anonymous said...

u r a big liar ships!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...mast ladki ho...