September 01, 2006

We will meet again... Will we?

I never wanted this moment to come in my life. Every passing day makes me sick with the thought of loneliness that I will be facing in coming months. Distances matter in any relationship. Most of my good friends have left the country for further studies/ career.
And some are yet to leave. Things change so frequently that sometime you don’t get to understand the situation. U don’t get a chance to react on them.

Monday, Sachin (one of my bestfriend) was in town. He had informed me about his plans before arriving. We planned to meet on Tuesday. I left early from office to meet him at CP. He had some work in karolbagh so we drove down ..and he picked his stuff which he had given for stitching. We came back to Narula’s in CP and sat there for snacks. I met him almost after an year. We discussed about each others life..work and other friends. He treated me coz his visa got stamped. Yeah he is also flying to US. I was happy for him but at the same time sad for myself that another person leaving me and this country.

Then we went to the parking and stood there for sometime discussing on some topic. Silence was a bonding. I looked at him and tried to smile. Past few days of my life had been really tough and I see another tough moment of life. As he walks away from me..i feel the loss inside me…I feel the pain of standing alone and watching a person go again. I started my vehicle and came back home.

I don’t know how many goodbyes are stored for me. I had no words to stop him as he is going for good. And I always want him to achieve the most in life. He is not a net savy and not regular in mails either. All we were in touch were through phone calls. And practically speaking the frequency from US will go down.

I try to convince myself by saying “we will meet again and this friendship will go on”

Next Morning, I woke up and tried to forget the pain and started my day as an ordinary day. I reached office and started working. My mobile rings:

Me: hello
X: hey, whats up
Me: nothing much, u tell me whats up..hows life and how how come u have called me in the day time?
X: just like that
Me: ok cool..so whatelse happening? Whats new?
X: M going to Belgium on 9th Sept….long term onsite….

(Do I need to say anything else?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey cheer up...
now you post are coming in a kararn-shahrukhkhan-movie-kinda-flaour bole to kafi senti...

:-)

ne way there are many ppl attached to you through this blog, many friends and wellwishers of yours.you hav it you just need to realise it.