September 06, 2006

Life’s unexpected detours

People come and go and they leave a print in your life. I guess i am taking this to a senti mode again but i m so low that i really cant help it. I tried hard to keep myself normal but sometimes u really cant help situations. Last post i decided to be in my bubbly mode but i failed against destiny's war.

Yesterday nite when i was winding up my work at home and was abt to switch off my system i got an sms from my classmate which read "Pranay met with an accident and he is serious." For a moment i thought some prank but when i scrolled further there was no message hidden...i was confused with it...i called my friend back and asked him and got to know that Pranay met with an accident and has got some brain injuries and is in ICU struggling for his life. Admitted in a hospital in Noida itself.

I kept the phone and started thinking abt pranay and Radhika..Radhika was also our classmate and they were in love for past 9 yrs and last month they got engaged and their marriage is fixed in Dec. I met them last month at their place. It wassome discussion which radhika wanted to have. I reached and rang the bell. Radhika opened the door. Then couple of other friends came and we finished the discussion. After others left i stood up to leave ..and radhika insisted me to stay. Then i enquired abt pranay. He was sleeping inside the room in the afternoon as he didnt want to be a part of that discussion. I silently went to that room and woke him up...ordered him to chat with me...Radhika made cold coffee for us and we had good reunion there. fPranay's sense of humor is always the best.

Things flashed and i could not stop myself. It was midnight and i could not leave home also. I decided to see him next next morning. i had a disturbed sleep with the thought of him being serious. Morning i got up without moms yelling. Mom was surprised to see me up myself. She asked the reason and i told her abt pranay's accident. First thing which was in my mind was pranay's condition. I quickly dressed myself for office and then reached hospital. met Radhika. She was no better. She was quite low and her family too was kind of shattered. Upon enquiring came to know that he has got some brain injuries and his brain has not responded in 26 hrs. Doctors have told very clearly that the chances of survival are less than 5%. These things were told to their family members by doc itself. I wonder how can doctors be so rude. After an hr i left for office. With a heavy heart i worked and my friends from all over the countries made calls to enquire abt his health as i was updating them on yahoo group. Last year we had lost one friend chiru in a similar kind of bike accident and brain injuries...2 days back we lost one of our senior.

Everyone was so much concerned and worried abt pranay and radhika. Evening after office i rushed back to hospital. Things are still not fine. His brain has still not responded. There is swelling in his brain and his family members have consulted all major hospitals with his reports and everyone has said the same thing. "keep him under observation for a week and lets see" and yes they did add...."prayers work in such situations."

Till 8.00 p.m today there was no sign of improvements. We all are visiting them turn by turn..Ashish gomber was there till 6.30. then i joined him and he left. At around 8 i checked with other friends and they told they are on their ways and then i left them.

I am so much tensed with his situation and praying to god to give pranay enough strength to come back to normal. I just can think of any other circumstance happening in their lives.

Pranay's mom is the strongest mom i have ever seen. She didnot shed a single tear while we all had wet eyes. She has lost her husband 3 yrs back when pranay was studying with us. She still managed to smile and was consoling others. She has promised us to throw a grand party once pranay is normal.

Dear Lord..please accept my prayer and bring pranay back to his normal state. I want to attend their wedding in Dec and want them to be happy forever.

God bless him...

P.S- To all my friends and ppl who come here, pls be careful while riding bikes and dont forget to wear helmets. if not for yourself then atleast for ppl you care.

2 comments:

Narendra said...

hey hows your friend now

Enchantica said...

No improvement...we are praying for his fast recovery