September 21, 2006

Chandigarh Trip: A success?

My Chandigarh trip was good. We started @3.00 p.m from office. We hired Innova, gud vehicle. GT Karnal road is a good road for 5-6 hrs journey. We picked two from delhi and then reached Murthal Dhabas. My manager could no accompany as she wasn’t keeping well, so last minute the whole plan changed and my colleague came into picture. From Murthal Dhabas we picked some snacks and choorans and then moved to panipat and finally reached Karnal. Technical managers parents were staying their so, we halted and met them. Sat there for few minutes and then decided to have snacks at haveli. Haveli is a nice chain coming up in NCR region. Its basically a food joint, given a design of our village/ ancient times. Its huge structure appears like a haveli and it has a good architecture. I guess a good place to see if u plan to travel to CHD.U will see the big verandah and some khats/Manji’s. There are stalls for panipooris, pavbhaji, jalebis. Artifical envoirnment created by the person is appreciable. We picked most of the food items (snacks) and had it there. There are two restaurants as well apart from stalls, with reasonable rates. And food is hygenic. A Must C.

We started again, and the driver took an isolated route. This route was made when there was terrorism in Punjab. So Haryana govt. made this as a bypass to connect to Chandigarh. This road had no street lights, no dividers and the trucks were rash. We were sharing all sort of stories with each other. We entered chandigarh from panchkula and reached Hotel Mount view at 10.30 p.m. Rooms were booked so had no problem in settling down. Had no enegy to take dinner in their dining room and moreover it was about to close, so ordered food at 11.30 from round the clock menu. Same boring sandwitches and cutlets.

TV in the room was an ancient one. I mean the button to switch channel/tune volume was on the top and had no different color…10 mins we spent fining the buttons to it. We had remote..but none of the buttons in it were working. Supposedly 5 star hotel..but TV said it all. i guess i tried to press all those buttons embedded some 10 times but none responded back. Finally i stood and surfed the channel mannually. A

Me and my colleague shared the room and others were in the adjacent rooms. We cuddled ourselves in bed and slept @12.30 midnite. Morning got up at 7.30 and started preparing for the event. Reached there @9.30 when it was supposed to start. By the time it got over it was 8.00 in the nite. We were supposed to travel back but I was damn tired. My legs were shaking. I guess the heels which I wore wasn’t a gud fit for an event like it. We were in dilemma whether to start or to stay back. I was in no mood to travel back asif the body had dissipated all my energy. So we all decided to stay back. Then we decided to explore the city. In that condition also I was ready to explore. Someone pls shoot me to end this habbit of exploring places. We went to sector 17 market, which is a famous hangout for youngster. But that’s a different story that u will see old ladies and couples in 40’s resting on stairs in front of the fountain as if they have come to some park.

We came back and sat in the bar/lounge of Mount View. Some Danik Bhaskar, (newspaper) corporate party was organized in the lawn and they played all lousy hindi numbers which itched us. Believe me people were dancing on those as if all the nuts of their body parts have fallen and they were shaking as if tremors hit the place.

We sat in a loungebar and had our discussions on various topics. I felt really tired & excused myself…me and Abha came back in the room. We slept and next day we started back @ 12.00 in the noon. Just halted at haveli for lunch. I just had 4 spoons of curd rice. Wasn’t feeling well and reached back home @6.30 p.m. I was so tired that came back and slept as if I was deprived of sleep for ages.

BTW: on my way back I saw sukhna lake from outside…beautiful lake but heard there are lots of snakes..water snakes…& I m scared of snakes..they come in my dreams and make it a nightmare.

Hissssssssssssssssss

1 comment:

Ginni said...

god bless pranay's soul...