January 02, 2006

Book Review: Da Vinci Code

I want to write abt my trip..but will write later....first let me tell u abt the book i read and found good...To be frank it was my fourth attempt to read this book..first 3 pushed me for first 30 pages and i gave up considering the font size, the old names of the characters and high funda christanity...a simple OHT (Over Head Transmission)...But before leaving for Tripura, I packed it in a hope that this time i will read and yes i did it...i completed the book and its awesome..

After crosing first 100 pages i realised that the book has got a nice suspense and a very good plot. Appreciated the way Dan Brown can arouse a soul. Lots and Lots of gyan on Christanity. I dont know how Christans are reacting over it. To admit something, i wasnt aware of things like Holy Grail, the last supper, cryptography etc.

A must read.

I bought O' Henery's collection with 200 short stories covered from College street, Kolkatta. Reading it these days. The story " Gift of magi" was a cute and loveable one.

Wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous new year.

2 comments:

amit said...

Never went ahead of 50 pages in 4 attempts.... guess it was all OHT fr me !!!!!

atul lakhotia said...

me too read some 20-30 pages of the buk bt cudnt understand much...finally gave up!!