May 24, 2005

Transferred or not?

Well yes i forgot to mention my last day in office before leaving. How stupid of me to miss such an important thing. I did my work whole day and at 6.00 p.m went to my VP's room. He was busy over a call but asked me to sit. After his telecon, i told him that i am moving tonite and if there is some work i will be available on my cell and personal email id. He looked at me thinking something. I was very serious that time. The converstaion went like this;

VP: So excited for Delhi?
S: hmmm…not exactly
VP: How’s work?
S: ok
VP: When are u coming back?
S: reporting on 30th May
VP: Why m I feeling that u wont come back from Delhi? I know one fine day u will call from Delhi saying that your mom is not letting u come back...or something like this.
S: well to be very frank as of now there is no such scene
VP: I feel that u are looking out?
S: I haven’t tried anywhere and don’t have anything in my hands yet.
VP: u don’t have now, but once u will go back u will find one
S: (no comments…)
VP: I am seriously trying hard for your transfer, but u know these processes are slow
S: yes, I understand
VP: (after looking at my expressionless face) Ok what I will do is, I will drop a mail again to the concern person and then we will get a clear picture. I will compose now itself...come this side…and see I am actually writing.
S: its ok…I trust u (inside wanted to shout on the highest pitch...I don’t)

I left the room. I came to my desk, finished my work. I missed my 6.00 p.m cab so was waiting for 7.00 p.m cab. While winding off the work, I got a call from VP on my cell.

VP: where are u?
S: in Office only, what happened?
VP: Can u come to my cabin now?
S: ok, I will be there in a minute.

I entered his cabin. He was working on his laptop. I pulled a chair for myself when he asked me to come near to his laptop. He wanted to show me some mail. I went closer and then he opened a mail. The mail was from someone in delhi saying that we can start our office from 1st june itself. I checked the mails header as I did not want to take a chance. The mail was genuine. VP smiled and said “ u are transferred now and can report there from 1st june” The way he said transferred, it sounded like “ you are fired” touchwood he did not say that.

I did not know how to react. The last minute transfer was more of a shock to me. He saw me in a confused state and asked “what happened”. Well I have not packed my things and I have to catch a train in 2 hrs. I wont be able to shift properly now. If u cud have told me this news yesterday I wud have taken everything back. I haven’t clear the hostel dues and things like that.

He understood the situation. He told me to come back to Bangalore on the scheduled date and then finish of the dues and go back. Well going back on 1st was just impossible. So I asked him to extend it and he agreed.

After reaching to delhi I called him up to find out the date of reporting in delhi so that I can book my flight tickets…he asked me for some time. Well why does he want more time? What for?

Yesterday I tried calling him but he did not answer the call…I guess he was in a meeting. Morning when I called, he told me he will call back He told me that he will call back after office hours. Now just waiting for his call for the final confirmation.

Little nervous...my fingers are crossed.

2 comments:

Twilight Dolphin said...

dont know why i am more nervous than u...i just hope everything works out well and ur back to this town ASAP..
hey buddy...go and cm bk jaldi se...
i'll miss u...
take care..

Abhi said...

nice blog.came here thru rajat's.n inspite of its clogged sewers , cold people , disrespectful men , traffic jams , costly rates , i wud love to be posted to delhi wen i start workin.nice VP at ur office.