May 09, 2005

Exploring things can be dangerous also:Theater review

Well Saturday i was working as usual, thankfully sunday was off. Took rest and evening planned for a movie " Kya Kool hain hum" starring Tushar kapoor, ritesh, Neha dhupia and Esha Koprikar. I wanted to watch this movie as the trailors were good but found that very few halls were playing it and all of them were farrrrrr from my place. Evening came to know that 'Radha Krishna" a theater near to our place, was playing the same movie. About this theater i had a good feedback. So booked the niteshow tickets as we were late for the evening show.

Show started at 9.30 p.m. I was very excited for this movie..but as soon as i entered the hall my excitement vanished. Big old fans (fan as pankha not as fan following ) in hall instead of AC, Pathetic crowd and watelse to describe? My seat was in the middle column and that too in the last row...so no air at all..no ventilation. Show started and i was involved in the movie. After an hour i started sweating. i was not able to breath properly and moreover had a throat infection. God it was unbearable. I was just waiting for the movie to get over. Passing the time in that hall was just a nightmare. I have never seen such a pathetic hall in my life.


Oh Cinema Hall...for those who dont know...

I saw cinema hall for the first time when i was doing my final year of graduation. Before that i never got a chance to see what a hall was like. I always used to ask my mom dad, brother, cousins and friends abt their experiences in hall, how does it look like, how many ppl can sit together etc etc...so ignorant i was...whenever i wanted to see a movie dad used to get the cassette at home and i was forced to watch at home coz theaters used to be lousy and crowd used to be cheap in those areas. How desperate i was for a movie hall.

My first movie on the hall was " Yaadein" not to mention that i did not like the movie and the place where i saw this movie was sonepat, and my uncle's family (tauji) took me there. Second movie which i saw was again a big flop (some madhuri dixits movie...gosh i dont remenber the title also). Third movie was " TUM BIN" which i went with my hostel mates illegally. It was a sad movie and i filled a bucket there ;) Reems was sitting next to me. I hope she doesnt remember that now ;) After coming to blore i have seen so many movies that i dont remember the count also. Just wanted to see all the possible halls. What i could not see in 20 yrs i saw in 2 yrs :)

1 comment:

Twilight Dolphin said...

well..i don't actually remember but i do remember th eway we used to flee from our hostel to watch movies at those dingy halls...how could we??
actually it used to be so fun going out illegally..we hardly used to be bothered by the kind of hall and stuff like this...no??