October 06, 2006

Trip to Bareilly...

This one turned out to be exciting when it was least expected. We were supposed to start for Bareilly @5.00 in the evening from office and were carrying our stuff in the office. The Cab which we requested came late and we started at 10 in the nite from Noida.

we were 6 people in 2 cabs. 2 girls and 4 guys. All from different departments and different projects. I knew 2 of them and used to interact with them but other 3 were new to me. It was little awkward initially but soom we were comfotable with eachother. We stoped at one of the dhabas on our way and had nice food. Reached bareilly in the morning @6 and were quite tired. I was down with fever and my running nose was another pain. I kept lots of tissue paper from office just to support this idiotic nose.

We entered the army cant and finally 3 rooms were given to us. Me and Ekta were in one room. We hit the bed and soon were asleep. Others knocked our door @9.00 for breakast and then we reached officer mess and were late. Though they still served us but civilians are always seen as not punctual people and lazy ones and we proved it once again. After breakfast we started for our mission and reached the War Memorial Hostel where we met the kids. There are some 6 kids we sponsored and this time we had new responsibilities. We took their introduction and counselled them. Added new names in the merit list for more sponsorships. Evening we played with them.

After years i played basketball...it was nice...just that i broke my index finger of left hand. It swelled and m not able to bend it. Then we played badminton. Did lot of cycling with my colleague Don aka Saurabh. New name given to him in this trip as he itched us with this new movie "Don" dialogues.

In the nite all 6 of us went for a long walk in the cantt. We did cross the graveyard and it was quite horrible. I mean though i dont get scared but i must admit that the dead silence at 1 in the nite can take anyones life and the unconstructed road which we took which was covered by trees was worth crossing and getting a cute heart attack. Mohit did challenge me for getting inside..but guess they were scared than me...we came back at 2.00 and hit the bed...legs were paining as after a long time we walked for some 5 kms that too after a tiring day.

Next morning we visited the hostel and did rest of our work. Ate our lunch with the hostel kids. The best kid and favorite kid was a boy called Arun..he is in 8th grade and we cud see the fire in him...the spirit of doing something in life...the spirt of reaching his goal. A passion towards life. We all sat with him personally and felt the same. he lost his father in a firing which happened in jammu some 6-7 yrs back. His younger brother, Tarun was also there; must say he was the cutest boy of the hostel. We all pampered both of them. It was nice to be close to such children. We salute their fathers who sacrificed their lives for the nation.

Evening we started back @4.00 and reached Noida @12.00 midnite. My fever was gone in the fresh air and aftr playing games. So many snaps and so much of fun. This trip chnaged my mood. This trip made me forget my worries and I realised that there are people who are deprived and need our support. There is so much that we can do in this life and we just dont do...I am thakful to my organisation for considering me for this opportunity and letting me live another side of my life and my dreams.

Today i have memories of a trip which was made for a nobel cause. I have the moments captured and thanks to my colleague shirshendu whose passion is photography. He has clicked some amazing pics of those children.

The last person whose name i have not mentioned is Charan paji..Amazing person and quite a chilled out man. This trip brought me closer to these colleagues and they are very much part of my life now. We now know each others personal life and worries and share them whenever we get time to meet each other in office. This trip has given me new friends and new bonds.

Looking forward for more such meaningful trips of my life.

No comments: