October 19, 2006

Festival time: Diwali/EID 2006

Everyone seems to be in festive mood for quite somedays. I too was quite slow in my work…I don’t know..wasnt as such enthusiastic about festival but generally was lazy all these days…Monday we are shifting to new Building and today had to pack all my files and work related things in a carton given by office ppl.

Today is Dhan-Teras…festival to buy some utensils/jwellery or household things…Yesterday someone in office suggested that all girls should wear ethnic and we all decided to wear Sarees today in office.

It was such a nice surprise for others in the office. Everyone was wondering as what made all these girls wear saree on a particular day. Some infact came and ask..”is anything special…”
“well obv. its festival time so everything is special “was what we replied.

Everyone was looking so pretty…But when we started packing our things we realized how difficult it was to carry ourself and work at the same time. May be we are not habitual of wearing these…the 5-Day-Casual attitude of our office has spoilt me atleast. I have stopped wearing salwar Kameez as well…the jeans comfort can not be ignore.

These days when I wear salwar kameez…colleagues comment “ Anything special today? Are u on fast..or some occasion at home?” No doubt Indian dresses are much more elegant, decent and have lot of varieties but still somehow I prefer western casual…

Tomorrow m gng to dads place for diwali. As such I don’t celebrate as I m too scared of crackers…so just lights…diyas and sweets will make my diwali. So next three days will be again of complete rest without internet connection and work.

Wish all my friends and well wishers a very happy and prosperous Diwali/EID. May this Diwali/EID bring happiness to everyone’s life…

No comments: