February 26, 2009

Are you blessed?

The New Testament says “It is more blessed to give than to receive.” (Acts 20:35)





I wanted to Thank God for whatever he has done for me till date. He has taken care of me as his own baby… Series of events, where I faced disappointments made me feel that I wasn’t all that lucky! There were times when I called myself a badluck favored girl and kept comparing myself with others. Whenever I cried in past I questioned myself…What did I do to deserve this? Where was my fault? Later I learnt that, whenever I was denied of certain thing it was for good. I realized pretty late that whatever was given in past looked bad at that particular time but was good for a long run perspective. Sometimes we look at a smaller picture where as god has great plans for future and we seem to keep cribbing & cursing ourselves for such petty stuff.

Something happened recently where in 90% people got affect around me and I was among the few who remained untouched by a particular scenario. It was not that I wasn’t prepared for it but not being touch has helped me on other fronts which were little crucial from other angle. I know why it happened and what the message was to me. I came back home and realized a task which was due for quite some time. I thought of doing it many a times but lack-of-time excuse always managed to get in me. Yesterday when I reached home back at 6 which was pretty early from my standards of returning home, I opened my lappy to work from home but somehow my mind kept wandering.

I opened my system & told myself that its now or never, so I finally took my card and sponsored a Nanhi Kali. Well that means I sponsored a little girl’s education and this would help her study for the current year. I have put a reminder for myself to help every year so that she completes her education and earns herself a better life. The organization would provide the detail of kid in a month’s time who is going to be benefited with updates on her scores and performance. They don’t initially let ou choose for avoiding discrimination based on various factor. I feel better as my first step towards a long goal has been taken! Lot is to be done in the journey towards a dream that I have been cherishing since my childhood.

I will surely share about the Nanhi Kali as and when I get to interact with her :)



No comments: