January 22, 2009

What's in the name!!!

Offlate i have started following news & read articles for about an hour on various sites everyday. I happened to see another Sanjay dutt controversy over his sister's maiden name. Priya Dutt, has not changed her maiden name after marriage and is continuing her identity with the same name. What's wrong in that? I literally hate people when they actually insist females or expect from them to change their maiden names for no logical reason. I can understand a few situation where one has to fly on a visa and complication arises with a kid..but otherwise whats the point if female doesnt want to change!

This topic is really very touchy for me! I remember blasting someone when they called me with my husband's surname. Though the difference is just an alpabet but i dont like to be called by any other name. I love my name. Why should i care for what people think and what their ideologies are. As per law i have the right to retain my maiden name and thats what I am doing! Thats what Priya Dutt and many others have done.

Raising a family issue in public and then commenting on a sensitive issue, shows the maturity level of Sanjay dutt. No wonder he is never out of any controversies. I dont hate him or dislike him but this is not appreciated!

No comments: