December 05, 2005

One night @ the call Center

Well well after a long time i am back to my blogging activity. Comp. at home isnt working so today forced myself to write and post from office during lunch hours. Nothing new in my life. Same plain boring life but adding spice by freaking on books. Recently completed "A monk who sold his ferrari". I have a mixed reaction after reading this particular book. I will never term it as my types but somehow it has helped me. It has increased my patience level to some extent. So thanks to the author for little transformation in me.

Happened to visit a book stall in guragaon's DTC mall. the latest i could pick was Chetan Bhagat's one nite @ the call center. Actually heard its review on TV so thought of trying it out. Well written but then i would give it 6 out of 10. IIT-IIM brand doesn't always mean 10 by 10. But few lines are really cool...Somehow i liked them and they are not getting out from my mind...

Things i learnt and liked (my comments in brackets)

Rule 35=10
A thirty five year old American's brain and IQ is the same as a ten-year-old indian's brain.

Door Bitch
Is the hostess who stands outside the disco. She screens every girl walking-in, and if your waist is more than 24 inches, or if u were not wearing somethng out of an item number, the door bitch will raise an eyebrow at u like u r a 50 yrs old aunty. ( i really dont know if thats true as in bangalore there hardly used to be any door bitches and once i found my hostel mate who was distributing choclates to pretty girls at the door...and needless to say i got many..not coz i was looking pretty ..but coz of the same hostel bonding ;) )

Women playing with their hair while talking to a guy is an automatic female preening gesture (hmmm...no comments)

Few ppl in this world get to hit their boss, but those who do will tell u it is better than sex... (any takers?)

FYI: Fuck u instead
It is a standard way to dump responsibility on someone else. (how true!!!)

When girl calls you a 'teddy bear', they just mean he is a nice guy but they will never be attracted to him. (i guess this is true...atleast in my case)

Pepsi and cola addressed as black piss (that was a good laugh)

It is never easy for guys to work with a hot girl in office. (Still wondering if this is true?)

why dont politicians commit sucide. (Good question in the book...i tried to recall names but hardluck)

All women need to calm down is to talk, hug and cry it out for 10 minutes - and they can face any of life's crap. (i will go with the author here...)

3 comments:

amit said...

this latest book of Chetan Bhagat was total arbit.....or it seems after his first book my expectations were a lot higher

Anonymous said...

@King: thanks!!! will try my level best to avoid this hibernation..but my mood swings cheese me off as it cheese others...

@amit: agree!! i m reading five point someone these days..let me see how good it is...

@Doc: thanks!!! i visited ur blog..no comments!!!

Me said...

goota read this boook.....nice selection of comments :-D