October 05, 2005

My first Makke ki roti...

Finally we have shifted to our new office and its pretty decent..i found a corner seat…no one to sit next..a very cosy place…I am happy to have that seat…Whole day was spent in shifting datas here and there..thankfully I had 3 files and in a very neat way I kept them in my drawer…came back early today..reached home at sharp 6.00. Mom was helping my cousin in her studies..i did not disturbed them and switched on my comp for sending a report to my sweet TL who sits in blore and was very much eager for the report… After sending my report and confirming from him I went to market for buying household things with mom…that was very unlike me…I hade some work so she left me in the market and came back…

When I came back I started telling her my office things…abt my new office…how is the sitting arrangements etc etc..and we did not realize that it was 10.30 p.m. Mom sleeps by 10.00 mostly…we were hungry and then mom rushed to kitchen to cook something…I wanted to tell her something which I missed so when went behind her saw her making dal…same yellow dal..fav of all Punjabi homes…and I said ..oh no mamma not again…pls don’t make chappatis now..u know I cant eat rotis continuously for 3 days..poor mom then reminded me tht in morning and lunch time I had rice…I am not very fond of chappatis…after getting tortured in south for food has not changed anything in my food habbits…I still love rice..a typical Punjabi-southi combination…she then suggested me alternatives…and asked “how abt makkke ki roti”..vowwww I was drooling like a dog…and then I declared that I will be preparing it for today…

shocked rite!!! She too was…and in that state she ordered me to make the dough also..poor me…anyways…I told her to sit and watch tv..and started preparing without taking any help…she was prepared for the blunder…my first makke ki roti without sarson ka saag…I took in a plate with dal and pickle…I know it was a horrible combination but better than those usual dinners…served her and was ready for the first comment…and she said…”beta where are those insurance cards which u get from office…?” grrrrrrrr…patiently I asked..why is it so bad? Actually it was fine but I forgot to add salt…first time u see...so when she said no salt I ran back to kitchen..took a pinch of salt and sprinkled on her roti…and requested her to taste again and give a positive feedback(forcefully u see) …he he..that’s typical me…always giving a final touch to mistakes and blunders …but I corrected rest of the dough by adding salt..and guess what…


We are safe and did not use those mediclaims :P few lucky ppl get to eat the food I cook..and I must say they are fortunate enugh to be alive till now…:D

2 comments:

Aj said...

Damn bad timing for me shipra
Consider this,
I guy who likes eating but doesnt get fat is keeping two days fast as a family ritual in 'navraatras'
today was the first one !
Had one 'Kutto ke aate ki roti in morning .. then was away from home whole day jus had a 'Big-lassi' instead of lunch
and had very little aloo-dahi 'dinner' with some milk.

And NOW THAT GUY reads this post !
and he is one who drools on punjabi food like a bigger mad n longer tongue dog than you !

And at 1 in the nite he thinks how will the nite pass if i dont hav smthg.

Wont call it 'damn bad timing for me' hahhaa

cheers and Lots of makki ki rotis
Aj

amit said...

gud show...... maybe not fr cooking expertise....but fr the survival instincts....:)