July 05, 2010

Bharat Bandh

I have always hated the concept of calling a bandh by any parties but today for a change i liked it. I happened to go out to buy something and realized how nice this green city looks without those noisy ricks, honking city buses, overtaking private cabs that follow no traffic rules and those pedestrians who do not wait for the lights to turn on for their turn to cross the roads. Inshort, the maddening traffic was not there and it was a calm and quite city with few vendors selling fruits and all major stores closed. (reminded me of srilanka)

Weather also supported to enjoy this and it was an overall a great experience to step out of house and take a stroll. Thanks to my office who planned to give us off considering our safety. (unfortunately this Saturday is working to compensate)

I have a report to make but sitting sitting near my balcony, i just feel like looking at the big trees swinging from one side to another and dropping their leaves in someones backyard. I just feel like putting a sheet and keeping laptop aside and taking a cool nap :)

1 comment:

Shendy said...

...let the city go sleep, let the wind go heap, there i stand by the zephyr, drenching myself in the cooling pyre, stumpped in the effervecence solitude of me, myself and my desire....

Practising Nirvana in London, for next 110 days